Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Strange Dreams: You Can't Complain If You Don't Vote


I dreamed last night that I was Obama’s running mate for VP. It was Election Day, and John McCain and I had a go-cart race through the streets of Philadelphia to see who would take Pennsylvania. I kicked his butt. We ended up back at headquarters where there was a final debate. I broke out into a sweat and prayed silently, 'Please don’t call on me, please don’t call on me' since I pretty much know diddly about politics. I lucked out; all we talked about was John Travolta. I retired to bed at about midnight with Obama winning 55% of the votes. Sarah Palin woke me up from a deep sleep in the middle of the night and told me, ‘It’s 50-50 now. The difference is crow’s feet.’ They were going to have to manually re-count all the votes, a task that would take days. I sat up in bed and said, ‘Sarah, we are two powerhouse women. Shouldn’t we be on the same team? What we need is a bipartisan effort to do what is right for this country.’ I think she tried to get one of my own secret service men to assassinate me after that. I woke up before the story ended. Author’s note: I’m not making this up. Now get out and vote on November 4. And remember Felicia’s motto: You can’t complain if you don’t vote.

No comments: