Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Vesper


I love the name Vesper. It sounds like a superhero. The Vesper. Or even better, the Green Vesper, though superior in name only, since the green one is made with absinthe which tastes like black licorice jellybeans. Bleh.

Last weekend, Leah and I met my parents for dinner at the Hotel Clarence in Seneca Falls, NY. We checked out my parents' room, and ooo-wee, tres chic design. A hotel room even a gay man would love.

Dinner was lovely, too, but I'm going to focus on the cocktails, or I should say, cocktail. Both Leah and I ordered a Vesper, I'm embarrassed to admit, for the first time ever.

After our rave reviews, one of our own superheroes behind the bar, Super Guy, concocted a Vesper using a ratio pleasing to Felicia's palate.

I'm going to name my first born, "Vesper."

The Vesper

1 and 1/4 ounce Stolichnaya vodka
1 and 1/4 ounce Bombay Dry gin
3/4 ounce Lillet Blanc

Stir, don't shake, all ingredients with ice. Garnish with a lemon twist.



Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: