Thursday, January 15, 2009

Foodie Detour: Harvard Beets and Sausage Gravy


Not beets and sausage in the same dish, though that might be an interesting experiment...

Leah made us a thick, chunky gravy for breakfast from sausage we bought down the road in Trumansburg at High Point Farms. They make some of the best all-natural happy-pig sausage that I have ever had. Leah layered fun-shaped biscuits, grits, sausage gravy and a fried egg to make this delicious Birmingham(Alabama)-meets-Birmingham(England) indigestion-inducing breakfast.
biscuits
Regarding the beets, I referenced Harvard Beets in my recent post about the Spiced Beet Bubbly champagne cocktail. Then I found a copy of my mother's original recipe card, from back in the day when we still ate "oleo."

harvardbeets

1 comment:

Unknown said...

great meal--great blog