Sunday, January 17, 2010

Virtual Friends

Blogging makes the world feel cozy. One of my regular blog readers who lives in Pennsylvania came to town for a wedding this weekend and sought out Felicia's for a cocktail. We met face-to-face. Strangers become friends, through writing, the web and drinks.

Facebook instills a similar sense of connection. A friend's Facebook status recently scolded voyeurs who read and never comment, so they know everything about you, but you know nothing about them. Creepy? I kinda like it. Felicia has 1300 friends, and I don't get a chance to comment on everyone's status. You don't know me, but I'm watching you. You make me laugh. I've got your back. I know your bra color. And I'm here for you, whenever you're ready to come in for a drink.

Follow me on Facebook
.

No comments: